* All current and former commissioned and warrant officers of the eight Uniformed Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Space Command, Coast Guard, U.S. Public Health Service, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) and the reserve and other components of these services are eligible for membership.
* Widows and widowers of any deceased individual, who would, if living, be eligible for membership.
* Regular members must hold and maintain membership in both MOAA National and the local Chapter.
- There are 14 MOAA Chapters in North Carolina with a combined total of 18,000 members...
- BUT, there are ONLY 2,000 MOAA members who have a corresponding membership with one of the 14 NC Chapters!
- Why is this important? Here are just some of the critical actions that have been enacted or supported by MOAA:
A military member AND the member's spouse can declare a state of residency. This ensures that the spouse doesn't face problems with having to re-register to vote or to get a drivers license in each state to which the military member is assigned.
TRICARE is NOT in jeopardy of any increases as a result of recent actions by Congress in passing a health care bill because of MOAA's efforts.
A Caregiver Bill is currently being drafted by Congress to extend critical benefits to family members who support wounded warriors thanks in part to the work of MOAA.
All of these programs, and many others like them, are the direct result of MOAA's One Powerful Voice before Congress.
MOAA National NEEDS to hear from everyone about issues important to us as military members, in total, but also as they relate to our state, our hometown, AND our Chapter.
If you would like to become a member of the Tarheel Central Chapter, please click Download button below for the combined MOAA National and the Tarheel Central Chapter Membership Form. Fill this out on your computer with the requested information and print out two (2) copies. Keep one for your own records and mail the other one, along with your $45.00 membership fees check made out to: Tarheel Central Chapter, MOAA Inc
149 Club Pointe Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27104