* All current and former commissioned and warrant officers of the seven Uniformed Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, U.S. Public Health Service, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) and the reserve and other components of these services (regular members) are eligible for membership.
* Widows and widowers of any deceased individual, who would, if living, be eligible for membership are eligible as auxiliary members.
* Regular members must hold and maintain membership in both MOAA National and the local Chapter.
* Auxiliary members are encouraged, but not required to hold such membership.
- Any person identified in the Who is Eligible to Join MOAA post above, can contact the Tarheel Central Chapter via the "Contact Us" link and we will get in touch with you without delay.
- Further, persons interested in joining can also click here for the Tarheel Central Chapter Membership Form, which can be filled out on your computer, input the requested information and print two (2) copies on your printer. Keep one for your own records and mail the other one to our Chapter as indicated on the form along with your membership fees.
- There are 18 MOAA Chapters in North Carolina with a combined total of 18,000 members...
- BUT, there are ONLY 2,000 MOAA members who have a corresponding membership with one of the 18 NC Chapters!
- Why is this important? Here are just some of the critical actions that have been enacted or supported by MOAA:
A military member AND the member's spouse can declare a state of residency. This ensures that the spouse doesn't face problems with having to re-register to vote or to get a drivers license in each state to which the military member is assigned.
TRICARE is NOT in jeopardy of any increases as a result of recent actions by Congress in passing a health care bill because of MOAA's efforts.
A Caregiver Bill is currently being drafted by Congress to extend critical benefits to family members who support wounded warriors thanks in part to the work of MOAA.
All of these programs, and many others like them, are the direct result of MOAA's One Powerful Voice before Congress.
MOAA National NEEDS to hear from everyone about issues important to us as military members, in total, but also as they relate to our state, our hometown, AND our Chapter.
If you would like to become a member of the Tarheel Central Chapter, please click here for the Tarheel Central Chapter Membership Form, which can be filled out on your computer, input the requested information and print two (2) copies on your printer. Keep one for your own records and mail the other one, along with your membership fees to:
Tarheel Central Chapter, MOAA
805 Arbor Oaks Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
Where can I get information regarding benefits for members or survivors?
* Go to the Benefits Information Pamphlet in the Documents section.
* The pamphlet contains information on: